The ANS Board advise all members to abide by the Society's Code of Ethics and to investigate available nutritional information, particularly those planning to give nutritional advice to the public.
Members of the Society shall:
- Maintain the highest standards of scientific honesty, integrity, and fairness.
- Disclose any real or potential conflicts of interest.
- Use scientific principles and current knowledge in their nutrition-related activities and recognise the need for continual critical evaluation of nutrition science.
- Maintain a high standard of professional competence.
- Provide services with objectivity of judgement based upon substantiated information, recognising that legitimate differences of opinion may exist.
- Respect confidential information.
- Avoid adverse comment upon the character, competence or integrity of members of the Society.
- Acknowledge and discharge a responsibility for the professional development and support of other members of the Society.
- Not engage in conduct likely to bring the Society into disrepute.
- Not promote or endorse nutritional practices in a false, misleading or unethical manner.